Here are some tips on how to help:
- Remember that emails are disclosable records – don’t mix business with pleasure
- Remember that email is an unsecured form of communication and that emails are easily misdirected
- Try to reduce the number of emails you send – consider whether other forms of communication might be more appropriate
- Use the functionality in your email application to send better emails
- Use your inbox as just that: a temporary ‘in tray’ for items awaiting immediate action. Try to leave it empty at the end of each day.