The Tech 2 Tech workshop programme was launched in 2018 to help inform members and customers about the Janet access programme which delivers a new connectivity architecture and enables the development of new services.
Through the Tech 2 Tech live webinar updates, Janet-connected members and customers can keep up to date on the programme’s progress in their regions, especially during the transition to their new access services.
Tech 2 Tech - technology and innovation
Following the success of the first round of Tech 2 Tech workshops, we’ve launched a second series of meetups taking place across the UK.
At these workshops, you can explore broader emerging connectivity approaches and new technologies to help you interpret how they can be beneficial to your organisation. It’s also an opportunity for experts from Jisc to understand your technical requirements so we can shape our service developments around your future needs.
- Tech 2 Tech in Wales - Cardiff, 12 March 2020
- South west Tech 2 Tech - Bristol, 17 March 2020
- Midlands Tech 2 Tech - Birmingham, May 2020 (TBC)
- Scotland Tech 2 Tech - Edinburgh, July 2020 (TBC)
- Northern England Tech 2 Tech - Manchester, October 2020 (TBC)
- London Tech 2 Tech - November 2020 (TBC)
- North east England Tech 2 Tech - Durham, January 2021 (TBC)
- Northern Ireland Tech 2 Tech - February 2021 (TBC)
Help shape the programme
In these informal regional events, we’ll cover a broad range of themes and whenever possible will tailor the programme to the subjects that matter the most to you, including automation, wireless networking and mobility.
When you register for a workshop, you’ll be able to shape the programme by voting for your preferred topics from the list below:
- Cloud connectivity approaches
- Security by design
- Futures - what’s the next networking innovation?
- Monitoring tools and network management
- IPv6 –why should you move?
How to get involved
You can register for an event if your organisation has a Janet Network connection. If you are interested in connecting to the Janet Network, please email the connections management group or call 01235 822308.
Attendees found the workshops a useful opportunity to share the future of Janet and to network with staff from Janet’s design, delivery and development teams.
- Tech 2 Tech in Northern Ireland - Belfast, 22 October 2019 - resources available
- Tech 2 Tech in northern England - Manchester, 2 July 2019
- Tech 2 Tech in north east England - Durham, 12 June 2019 - resources available
- Tech 2 Tech Janet access programme update - webinar, 11 June 2019 - resources available
- Tech 2 Tech in London - 13 February 2019
- Tech 2 Tech in Scotland - Edinburgh, 21 January 2019 - resources available
- Tech 2 Tech in the Midlands - Birmingham, 8 October 2018
- Tech 2 Tech in south west England - Bristol, 16 July 2018 - resources available