The Tech 2 Tech workshop programme was launched in 2018 to help inform members and customers about the Janet access programme which delivers a new connectivity architecture and enables the development of new services.
Janet access programme update events
These online events for Janet-connected members and customers will provide updates on the programme’s progress, especially helpful during the transition to their new access services.
Online event schedule
All these events will run as one-hour webinars. Follow the links below for further information including how to book.
- 16 March 2021 (for organisations in Northern Ireland)
- 7 July 2021 - PSBA Janet access programme update
Technology and innovation meetups
Following the success of the first round of Tech 2 Tech workshops, we’ve launched a second round of events taking place online and across the UK.
At these workshops, you can explore broader emerging connectivity approaches and new technologies to help you interpret how they can be beneficial to your organisation. It’s also an opportunity for experts from Jisc to understand your technical requirements so we can shape our service developments around your future needs.
- 26 March 2021 - Tech 2 Tech - European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) - online
- 20 April 2021 – IPv6 - online
- 24 May 2021 - Network performance - online
- 11 June 2021 – Single sources of network truth - online
In these one-hour webinars, we’ll cover a broad range of topics and subjects that matter the most to you.
Some of the ideas for the programme this year include:
- The EOSC-hub
- IPv6 - how to get started, the business case and drivers for its rollout, as well as where the UK is with it's adoption
- PerfSONAR, MTU trouble shooting and war stories from the Janet NOC
- Netsight3 update
- NetBox - its use and reflections
As ever, we are keen to hear from members and customers about your e-infrastructure plans, projects, pain and programmes - warts and all!
If you would like to present at a Tech 2 Tech event, please contact Lesley Ford, product manager - connectivity, Jisc (email@example.com).
How to get involved
You can register for an event if your organisation has a Janet Network connection. If you are interested in connecting to the Janet Network, please email the connections management group or call 01235 822308. Follow the project's progress on the shaping the future of Janet blog.
Attendees found the workshops a useful opportunity to share the future of Janet and to network with staff from Janet’s design, delivery and development teams.
- Tech 2 Tech - Janet access programme update for Scotland, 23 February 2021
- Tech 2 Tech in Wales, 27 January 2021
- Tech 2 Tech in Kent, 14 January 2021
- Mobility, 4 December 2020
- Tech 2 Tech Janet access programme update webinar, 17 November 2020
- Futures: technologies on the horizon, 12 November 2020
- Mobility, 15 October 2020 - resources available
- Security, 16 September 2020 - resources available
- Network monitoring and management, 12 August 2020 - resources available
- Cloud connectivity, 15 July 2020 - resources available
- Automation, 16 June 2020 - resources available
- Tech 2 Tech in Northern Ireland - Belfast, 22 October 2019 - resources available
- Tech 2 Tech in northern England - Manchester, 2 July 2019
- Tech 2 Tech in north east England - Durham, 12 June 2019 - resources available
- Tech 2 Tech Janet access programme update webinar, 11 June 2019
- Tech 2 Tech in London, 13 February 2019
- Tech 2 Tech in Scotland - Edinburgh, 21 January 2019 - resources available
- Tech 2 Tech in the Midlands - Birmingham, 8 October 2018
- Tech 2 Tech in south west England - Bristol, 16 July 2018 - resources available