Submit your ideas for Digifest 2024
Digifest is taking place on 12-13 March 2024 at the ICC Birmingham. Help us shape the event by sharing your personal learning experiences.
The main theme of the event is Imagine the future. We’d love to hear session ideas that can support the below topics:
- Shaping the future landscape of education and research – how advances in digital, data and technology could transform education, research, and industry and how as individuals and communities we can effect positive change.
- Collaborating beyond boundaries – the future of education and research where technology breaks down geographical, cultural, and disciplinary boundaries.
- Better futures – bold ideas for education and research with social, environmental, sustainable, and ethical dimensions.
- The future of spaces and places – developing physical and virtual environments which enable education and research to transcend physical location (e.g., XR, hybrid technologies, virtual environments) or reimagine the estate.
- Personalised, adaptive futures – harnessing the power of data and technology to empower all learners more effectively at scale.
- Future educators, students and researchers – how are these roles evolving and what will be the essential skills, capabilities and competences in the future. How do we prepare ourselves now?
- Students as change agents for the future – their role in responding to the complex challenges faced by future generations (e.g., student voice, student research, social impact initiatives and innovation etc.)
Key principles which should be embedded across as relevant:
- Accessibility and inclusion
- Ethical use of data and technology
- Sustainable practice
- Collaborative approaches
- Lifelong learning
There are opportunities in the programme or you may have an idea for being part of Digifest that would work better in Hall 3 – our exhibition, catering and networking space where we’ll be showcasing the latest technology and imagining the future together.
The deadline for submitting ideas is Friday 29 September 2023. If your submission is successful, you will be contacted by email and /or phone.