University of St Andrews
The Gateway Boardroom
This workshop aims to provide hands-on tuition for Knowledge Base+ (KB+) and demonstrate how it can be used to help institutions manage their e-resources. The day will be split into two sessions: an introductory session in the morning and an advanced session in the afternoon. Delegates are encouraged to attend both sessions as they build upon each other.
The introductory session (10:00-12:00) will cover:
- Setting up an account in KB+
- How to record your subscriptions and journal entitlements
- How to record your licences and licence properties
- How to use the system to answer questions such as: as an Alumnus, which resources can I use? Can we include content from Journal X in the VLE and coursepacks? Can walk-in users use this database?
The advanced session (13:00-15:00) will cover:
- How to maintain detailed records of post-cancellation e-resource entitlements
- How to use the renewal feature to evaluate your journal subscriptions during the renewal period
- Using the comparison tools to examine licences and packages to prepare for new deals
There will also be the opportunity for you to ask any questions you might have about KB+.
Who should attend
This workshop will be useful for HE and FE library staff – particularly those who work in managing e-resources.
However, anyone who subscribes to Jisc Collections agreements may find this useful for managing their subscriptions.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.