Focused on the network requirements of the research communities and organisations that the Janet network hosts, this event will form part of the broader community consultation on evolution of the Janet network architecture.
Talks will include:
- Context on Janet network architecture development and evolution (Jeremy Sharp, Janet infrastructure director, Jisc)
- Research network requirements (David Salmon, head of research and e-infrastructure support, Jisc)
We will aim to keep the topics of discussion close to the network itself and directly related services, and some of the following potential themes:
- Access to external commercial services - clouds, storage, computation
- Peerings with other networks, academic and commercial
- Assured networking - SafeShare
- Supporting the network requirements of large research domain
- Requirements for high-throughput data-transfer
- International aspects
Opportunity to hear about how we are approaching the evolution of the Janet network, and to comment upon this in the context of research networking requirements in various research disciplines.
Who should attend
- Research staff who use the Janet network and who are interested in commenting upon its future structure and direction
- Management staff within organisations connected to the Janet network who are responsible of the provision of services to the research communities
- Technical and support staff who are responsible for the operation and development of research computing systems within organisations connected to the Janet network
For more information about the event, contact David Salmon ([email protected]).