During this briefing we will discuss Janet's strategic approach towards developing the next generation of video collaboration services and supporting IP telephony across Janet. The discussion will include:
- Janet video futures project - Learn how and why Janet are planning to reinvent the way Education can use videoconferencing.
- Janet telephony purchasing service - Hear from Roger Bolam, how the Janet community can take advantage of telephony over existing Janet connections.
- Streaming technologies for the arts and humanities - Tim Boundy will describe the planned demonstrations and the potential of high-end audio and video for use in teaching the arts and humanities.
- Ultra high definition video - Janet is working with several institutions to develop the use of UHD across the network.
- Q&A - Roger and Tim will respond to chat questions from participants.
This event will be led by Tim Boundy, applications development team manager and Roger Bolam, strategic programmes. The 1 hour session will involve a 35 minute presentation followed by a Q&A session.
Who should attend
IT directors, IT managers, network engineers and networking academics/researchers at Janet connected institutions.