Where are we all with open access? How far have we got with RCUK compliance and how will things change under UKRI? Are our systems in place for the REF now that the policy is starting to bite? How far is open access practice now mainstream among researchers? Do we have the staff and skills we need to serve our institutions?
The impact of the open access policy on REF preparation and practice in institutions is hitting home. A major report was recently released by Research England on its joint survey from last year looking at sector progress towards compliance.
This event is a chance for the open access practitioners from institutions in the UK to community to:
- Discuss key issues in open access
- Look at difficulties and successes
- Gain peer-to-peer support
- Find out about latest news on selected Jisc projects and services
- Feedback their own reactions and requirements to Jisc's development plans and funder policies.
These events are being held around the UK, including:
We would really value your voice and your ideas, so we hope to see you soon at one of these events.
Thursday 26 July
Registration and refreshments
Helen Blanchett, scholarly communications subject specialist at Jisc, will welcome you to the event.
Scholarly communications subject specialist, Jisc
Reviewing the OA landscape: reactions to recent reports and sector developments
Updates from Jisc services
An opportunity to hear from Jisc staff.
We’ll give updates on our services and there’ll be an opportunity to ask questions and provide feedback.
- Azhar Hussain talking about developments to the Sherpa services
- Karen Jackson, who will discuss Jisc Monitor
- Katie Shamash presenting on her APC research
Shared resources to support the sector – what do we have and what’s needed?
Two years on from open access good practice projects we review the resources and identify what’s still relevant and what’s needed now.
We’ll also think about the skills and attributes required for scholarly communication roles and how we develop and support staff.
Where next, summary and questions
Who should attend
- Repository staff
- Open access librarians
- Research support librarians who deal with article processing charges (APCs)
- Research support librarians who deal with eligibility for the research excellence framework (REF)
- Open access policy compliance staff
- Library decision makers
Reviewing the OA landscape - Bill Hubbard and Helen Blanchett
Jisc updates - Monitor services - Karen Jackson
Jisc updates - Sherpa services - Jane Anders
Jisc updates - Jisc research data shared service
Skills and support resources for scholarly communication and open access roles
International open access updates - Chris Keene and Frank Manista
For further information, please contact Helen Blanchett (firstname.lastname@example.org).