Join the discussion
This one hour webinar will feature good practice case studies from further education and specialist colleges that demonstrate how they have improved the safety of learners online.
- Peterborough Regional College used the South West Grid for Learning 360 degree self-review tool to help evaluate their college’s e-safety policy and practice. The tool also suggests how the college might do more to protect young people and staff
- Loughborough College developed an e-safety course in Moodle. Over 500 students completed the course in its first month and to date and over 30 colleges have downloaded the course for their own students
- Jisc Legal will discuss some of the main legal risks of social media. They'll offer guidance on best practice to ensure legal issues don’t get in the way of the innovative and creative use of these tools.
- Have an opportunity to ask questions and share experiences in the Q&A panel session - this will include the case study presenters and representatives from our advisory services
- Learn about some of the current challenges around keeping learners safe online
- Find out about support from our advisory services.
Access our internet safety resource hub
Who should attend
This webinar will be of interest to the following staff in UK further education and specialist colleges:
- Safeguarding officers
- Policy officers
- Learning and teaching staff
- Learning technologists
- IT directors and managers
- Learning resource centre managers
- Curriculum staff
- Staff developers.