Tuesday 19 November 2019 to Wednesday 20 November 2019
The International Convention Centre (ICC)
8 Centenary Square
The AoC Annual Conference and Exhibition brings together some of the biggest names from further education, business, government, and beyond to inform your thinking, to challenge you and give you the opportunity to discuss and debate the biggest issues and opportunities for colleges and the country.
This year’s conference is focusing on 'whole college health – from working culture to finances, curriculum to student and staff well-being’.
We are thrilled to again be supporting the conference as Digital Partner and Beacon Awards sponsor.
Tuesday 19 November
11:30-12:30 - Digital transformation: how colleges can meet the expectations of government and learners
This year we are delighted to be joined by government officials from England and Wales plus Weston College. In this session you will:
- Learn how the Independent Commission on the College of the Future is reviewing how colleges can transform and evolve to include the way they approach digital
- Hear about Wales' Digital 2030 strategic framework and how Welsh government and Welsh institutions are driving the digital agenda
- See how a digital strategy, in collaboration with employers, informs curriculum design and enhances learner experience and employability
The session will be chaired by Paul McKean, Jisc’s head of further education and skills and will be joined by a fantastic panel including:
- Marian Jebb, head of post-16 quality and data management, Welsh government
- David Jones OBE, commissioner for the Independent Commission on the College of the Future, and chief executive of Coleg Cambria
- Jon Hofgartner, assistant director (technology, learning resources and skills), Weston College
Visit the Jisc lounge
Digital experience insights
Dovetailing into the conference theme of whole-college health, we will be sharing how our digital experience research with college staff and students will provide you with real insights into how you can transform teaching, stimulate students and engage employers.
This knowledge will help you strategically drive a positive culture change and contribute to the overall wellbeing of your college. Talk to Jisc staff on our lounge area and find out more about our digital experience insights.
Get hands-on with immersive tech
Also via our lounge area, you can talk to staff from Myerscough College and try the immersive technology they are using on their land-based courses and how this has had a positive impact on the learner experience. Read more about the work that the college is doing.
You will also be able to fast-forward to 2029 and experience student life ten years into the future. Try our virtual reality headset to see the world from the perspective of imagined history and geography undergraduate, Natalie 4.0.
Who should attend
The AoC Annual Conference will be of particular interest to senior leaders from further education.
Ticket prices and booking information can be found on the delegate fees section of the AoC Conference website.