Join the discussion
Jisc and the Coalition for Networked Information (CNI) are again bringing together leading experts in digital scholarship from the US and UK for our 12th biannual conference.
Digital technology is revolutionising research. At the same time, research processes and practice are modernising and these developments mean a new role for the library in supporting both the research institution and strategic requirements of the university.
The conference will aid research and library leaders in responding to these opportunities by bringing together experts and influencers in digital scholarship from the UK and US, to share leading international practice and policy.
- Changing world of scholarship
- Data: changing the way libraries work
- International collaboration and cooperation
- Supporting the research enterprise
- Innovations in scholarly communication
- New roles in teaching and learning
We are delighted to announce the following speakers.
Opening and closing sessions
- Professor Adam Tickell, vice-chancellor, University of Sussex
- Richard Ovenden, Bodley's librarian, University of Oxford
- Susan Gibbons, university librarian and deputy provost, Yale University
- Dan Cohen, vice provost for information collaboration, dean of the libraries, Northeastern University
- Roly Keating, chief executive, British Library
Changing world of scholarship
Data: changing the way libraries work
- Stephen Pinfield, professor of information services management, University of Sheffield
- Clifford Lynch, executive director, CNI
Supporting the research enterprise
- Tom Hickerson, vice provost (libraries and cultural resources), University of Calgary
- Harriette Hemmasi, university librarian, Brown University
Innovations in scholarly communication
- Graham Stone, senior research manager, Jisc
- Martin Eve, professor of literature, technology and publishing, Birkbeck, University of London
- Don Waters, senior program officer, scholarly communications, Mellon Foundation
New roles in teaching and learning
The full event programme will be announced in due course.
Meet and network with speakers and delegates from the US, UK and Europe at our drinks reception held on the evening of 1 July. Further information on the networking opportunities available will be released soon.
Who should attend
Leaders and senior practitioners in libraries, research, academia and organisations supporting digital scholarship, research and scholarly communications within higher education. Including:
- Library directors and senior library managers
- Pro vice-chancellors for research and senior research managers
- Heads of scholarly communication and open access
- Heads of university presses
- Pro vice-chancellors for teaching and learning
- Research service providers and
- Academic publishers
Jisc and CNI conference is an opportunity to hear from, and engage with, thought leaders and experts from the US, UK and Europe to explore current issues and innovations in digital scholarship, facilitating a rich international exchange on leading practice and policy.
Delegates in 2016 gave the conference a 98%* satisfaction rating (*based on a 45% response rate).
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tickets are £300 + VAT each.
Your ticket gives you access to the conference, welcome reception and dinner.