The webinar will provide members with a brief summary of the Janet Network and the context for our review of the Janet Network architecture. We'll discuss our objectives and how we plan to achieve this.
We'll also be using this webinar to gather feedback from members.
- Introduction and scene setting - Shirley Wood, training and support director
- Brief summary of Janet Network: context for review of Janet architecture (including core, international connectivity, other external connectivity, data centres, as well as Janet access layer) - Jeremy Sharp, Janet infrastructure director
- Janet access layer: our objectives and how we plan to develop the access layer to meet these objectives - Stephen Percival, deputy director, planning
- Open science and the Janet Network - Matthew Dovey, head of e-infrastructure strategy
- Q&A and requirement-gathering exercise
Who should attend
- Network managers
- Technical staff
- IT operations managers
- Senior network engineers
- Research staff
- Anyone that uses the Janet Network on a daily basis