Join the discussion
The research data alliance (RDA) UK node will be running a half-day workshop that will include:
- An overview of the RDA
- The RDA Europe project and its grants
- The view of RDA experts and why you should consider applying to be one
- An update from the most recent RDA plenary held in Botswana
- Plans for the UK node and how to get involved to shape its direction
RDA UK is one of nine national nodes, recently established by the RDA Europe 4.0 project. This forms a network of national nodes to foster adoption of RDA outputs in the region, and thereby enable interoperability and data sharing on a global scale.
Nodes engage with research communities, support national agendas, contribute to the EU Open Science Strategy, and aim to increase the uptake of standards and participation in RDA globally.
In collaboration with a diverse range of national and regional stakeholders, they support the RDA mission of building the technical and social bridges that enable open sharing of data. The RDA UK node is the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC), supported by Jisc.
- Hilary Hanahoe, secretary general, Research Data Alliance
- Kevin Ashley, director, DCC
- Chairs from working groups and RDA experts
Programme below subject to change.
Friday 18 January
Welcome and introduction
Keynote: RDA overview and direction
RDA Europe project and calls
Feedback from RDA 12th plenary
We hear from some of the people who attended from the UK.
Anyone from the floor can contribute if they attended.
Who should attend
This event will be of interest to:
- Decision makers
- Managers and enablers
- Users and consumers
- Researchers and research managers
For further information, please contact Christopher Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org).