We have negotiated with six publishers to help reduce the financial burden of publishing open access (OA) articles. The result is a series of offsetting deals that are intended to help manage article processing charges (APCs).
This event will allow you to:
- Gain an improved understanding of the six different offsetting deals
- Understand how improved workflows can aid the administrative burden of managing and processing APCs, and take advantage of the discounts
- Gain advice and assistance on how to take advantage of the offsetting schemes
- Provide feedback on how the deals can be improved.
Hear more from our speakers:
- Helen J. Dobson, scholarly communications manager, University of Manchester
- Liz Holliday - open access librarian, University of Bath
- Yvonne Budden, scholarly communications manager, University of Warwick
- Audrey McCulloch, chief Eexecutive and company secretary, Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers' (ALPSP)
- Helen Ellis, regional sales manager, IOP Publishing
- Dan Dyer, sales director, Royal Society of Chemistry
This event is free to attend.
Who should attend
This event will be of particular interest to the following staff in higher education organisations:
- Open access service managers
- Repository managers
- Research managers
- Financial teams (for OA)
- Any others involved in the processing of APCs.
To find out more about the event, please contact Frank Manista by email: [email protected]