Join the discussion
This online event will provide a summary of key issues relevant to research and repository managers around GDPR implementation.
The event will cover:
- GDPR summary
- New and expanded rights
- Personal data and special categories
- Data controllers and data processors
- Informed consent, impact assessments and privacy notices
- Data protection by design and default
- Research derogations and exemptions
- Data sharing, data security and data breaches
- GDPR in the research life-cycle
- Pre award (compliance, ethical approval, Informed consent, privacy notices, impact assessments, exemptions, data protection by design)
- Post award (compliance, data sharing, data security, data breaches part one)
- GDPR for CRIS systems and repositories
- Open research, anonymised data, communication, subject access requests, data management, data retention, database encryption, data controllers and data processors, data breaches part two
- GDPR for everyone
- Education, compliance checklists, networking, sharing best practice
Who should attend
Research or repository managers.
A recording of the event is available to view here.
GDPR - What does it mean for research and repository managers?
Download the accompanying slide notes (pdf) by Nykohla Strong, research information officer, research and innovation, The University of Aberdeen.
You can read Andrew Cormack’s blog post - Research provisions in the GDPR - on our community site.
For more information, contact Helen Blanchett (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This event is now fully booked.
A recording will be made available shortly afterwards for those who are unable to attend.