Join the discussion
This webinar will demonstrate how you can help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the service or system that you administer at your University or College. You store data about how students, teachers or researchers use your service or system. Jisc can help you exploit that data more effectively.For example, you can:
- Reduce the number of students leaving courses or failing by identifying those at risk through e.g. VLE usage, access to library resources or attendance data.
- Recommend resources that relate to a user’s current search by using the results of other people's searches on a similar topic.
- Understand how resources are actually being used in order to plan more effectively.
- Andy McGregor, Programme Manager, Jisc
- Mark van Harmelen, Director, Hedtek Ltd and Honorary Research Fellow, University of Manchester
- David Kay, Director and Principal Consultant, Sero Consulting
- Richard Nurse, Head of Digital Services Development, Open University
- Janine Rigby, SALT project, Mimas
What will you learn or take away?
The purpose of the Jisc Activity Data programme is to identify practical tools and techniques to help you exploit your user activity data. During the webinar you will be introduced to an online guide and practical examples of solutions that Jisc funded projects have used to address some of your problems.
Relevant links / websites
Who should attend
- VLE managers
- Repository managers
- IT managers
- Others interested in reusing the data stored in institutional software systems