Drawing on our experience as the UK’s leading edtech organisation, at Digifest we’ll be exploring the power of digital to ensure you can thrive in this ever-evolving technological environment.
It’s a unique opportunity to see, hear and share the latest thinking; through an innovative schedule of keynotes, workshops, lightning talks and networking opportunities, presented by experts and peers from across the further education (FE) and higher education (HE) sectors.
Plus, in this year's Digi Lab, you'll be able to experience the latest edtech as well as try out technology to use in your teaching straight away.
Above all else, Digifest aims to inform, inspire and prepare you for the digital challenges ahead.
Digifest is free for Jisc member organisations.
What's new for 2018?
- New look layout - including exhibitor zones making it even easier to navigate the exhibition, be inspired and find the solutions you need
- Peer meetups - opportunities to help you build your network and share experiences with your peers around topics such as edtech strategy, the digital student experience, and next-generation learning environments
- Hosted discussion lunch tables - grab lunch with speakers, Jisc subject specialists, fellow delegates and technology suppliers to discuss the issues that interest you
Who should attend?
This year's Digifest will be of particular interest to middle and senior managers from FE, HE and other education organisations and those who are leading change within - or working across - a university, college or skills organisation
We also welcome interest from people working in a management capacity in other areas of these organisations, including libraries, business support, curriculum areas and academic departments.
Digifest is the UK’s leading annual education technology event for middle and senior level managers, and those leading change across the further and higher education sectors.
Its cutting-edge content and unique networking opportunities make it a must-attend event for those seeking to enhance their digital expertise within the education sector.
This year’s Digifest programme covers four major strands, each providing a comprehensive, in-depth view of the current and future education technology environment.
Digital technology is designed to enhance the educational experience. A clear digital strategy will set a clear vision across an entire organisation and is a critical step towards encouraging innovation and improving student experience and outcome.
This strand explores the major topics, issues and challenges including:
- Key strategies for engaging learners and motivating managers
- What you need to consider as part of your digital strategy
- Widening access to education locally and internationally
- Security and how data can support making digital strategies work
The student digital experience
This strand looks in detail at tools such as our student digital experience tracker which enables education providers to make better informed decisions across their digital environment such as targeting resources for improving digital provision and planning research, data gathering and student engagement around digital issues.
Answering fundamental questions and raising others, it examines a range of issues including:
- How to ensure the interests of our students is at the heart of everything we do
- Utilising technology to increase student engagement, while ensuring their wellbeing and attainment
Next-generation learning environments
Exploring and answering a wide range of questions from across the digital environment, this innovative strand looks at topics such as:
- Taking advantage of emerging technologies to improve the student experience
- Harnessing technology to improve the campus, classroom and curriculum through capturing data
- Developing ethics and codes of practice
- The intelligent campus
- How learning resource services and libraries are being adapted and managed in a changing environment
Teaching and learning excellence in a digital age
Welcoming submissions from across the education sector, this strand looks at how technology can be used to enable great teaching and improve student outcomes.
Examining what works in technology-enhanced learning, it provides an exciting opportunity to discuss and share insights and best practice and look at how we can help colleges and universities make informed decisions.
You'll also hear from our keynote speakers: NUS president, Shakira Martin and the multi-award winning surgeon, teacher, futurist, innovator, entrepreneur and an evangelist in augmented and virtual reality - Shafi Ahmed.
A range of resources and recordings from Digifest sessions will be released during and after the event.
Everyone registered to attend Digifest will be invited to take advantage of the Jisc Events app. The app allows you to:
- Build your own personalised programme
- Share thoughts, learnings and photos on the activity feed
- Receive up-to-date notifications about Digifest activities
International Convention Centre Broad Street, Birmingham, B1 2EA.
Information on how to get to the venue can be found on the ICC website.
For more information on Digifest, email email@example.com.
Microsoft believe in what people make possible. Their mission is to empower every person and every organisation on the planet to achieve more.
Microsoft are sponsoring the learning space at Digifest 2018.
ProQuest is committed to supporting the important work of the world’s research and learning communities. The company curates content that matters to the advancement of knowledge and simplifies workflows so time is used effectively. ProQuest connects information environments so complex networks work together efficiently. With ProQuest, outcomes can be extraordinary.
ProQuest are sponsoring the drinks reception at Digifest 2018.
Tribal are passionate about improving education and learning. We provide the expertise, software and services required to underpin student success. Their customers are private, public and alternative education institutions – ranging from just 50 to 200,000 students across multiple sites.
Tribal are sponsoring the lanyards at Digifest 2018.
Collabco – provider of myday – a digital platform enabling institutions to provide a rich mobile community. myday delivers a personalised experience which helps to improve student retention. With targeted messaging and access to all resources myday is a trusted and proven solution used by universities across the UK and Europe.
Collabco are sponsoring the student digital experience meet up at Digifest 2018.