DCDC23 registration and expenses bursaries
Each year DCDC brings together colleagues from across the galleries, libraries, archives, museums, heritage and academic sectors.
We are proud that the conference appeals to delegates from all career stages, from those just starting out to established academics and practitioners. We want to ensure we include the widest range of voices, experiences and backgrounds in our discussions, and we are delighted to offer two types of bursaries for the conference.
Applicants may apply for either or both bursary options. A committee at The National Archives will select applicants based on the following criteria:
- Reasons for wanting to attend DCDC23
- Individual benefit
There are no restrictions on the location or employment status of applicants, but please note we are unable to support visa applications. We ask that you explore funding options from your employer or institution first but encourage anyone who is unable to secure support to apply for a bursary.
Registration bursaries cover the costs of in-person or online registration for DCDC23.
The in-person registration bursary (10 available) includes:
- Full conference registration
- Conference drinks
- Conference dinner
- Accommodation on-campus (including breakfast)
The online registration bursary (20 available) includes access to DCDC23 online, via the EventsAIR platform. DCDC23 online will include:
- Streamed access to live programme
- Selected plenary sessions
- Online networking space
Download the DCDC23 registration bursaries application form (docx).
We recognise that delegates may incur additional costs when attending DCDC23, whether in-person or online. Expenses bursaries (5 available) of up to £300 are available to anyone who might need additional support to attend, for example those with caring responsibilities, freelancers, those that need support with travel costs, or additional support for online attendance.
Download the DCDC23 expenses bursaries application form (docx).
If you are applying for a bursary, please do NOT register for DCDC23 until you have been notified of the outcome of your application.
- There are up to 5 expenses bursaries, 10 in-person registration bursaries and 20 online registration bursaries available.
- There are no geographical restrictions regarding who can apply. Bursaries are open to delegates at any career stage, whether they are attached to an institution or not. If you are attached to an institution/funder, we do ask that you explore funding with them first.
- All applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17:00 (BST) on 26 May 2023. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application in early June 2023. If an applicant is unsuccessful but is notified of this decision after 9 June, then they will be offered the early bird rate for the conference.