A list of our upcoming training events related to the Janet network and associated services.
- Basic networking
- Basic networking for service desk and support staff
- IPv6 fundamentals
- Using free network tools (live online course)
Janet network services courses
- Implementing a Shibboleth identity provider
- Implementing a Shibboleth identity provider and service provider
- Implementing a Shibboleth service provider
- Implementing eduroam at your organisation
- eduroam fundamentals
- Computers, privacy and the law (live online course)
- Effective identification and management of security incidents
- Filtering and monitoring: how can they help?
- Hands-on digital forensics
- Hands-on security testing (live online course)
- Information security policies (live online course)
- Managing IT security
- eduroam live online clinic
- Five things you can do before establishing an ISMS (live online course)
- Shibboleth Identity Provider v3 - the when, how and why of upgrading
Other training opportunities
11 and 18 January
Information security policies
Computers, privacy and the law
Implementing eduroam at your organisation
9, 16 and 23 March
Filtering and monitoring: how can they help?
Using free network tools
Implementing a Shibboleth identity provider
Implementing a Shibboleth service provider
Basic networking for service desk and support staff
Why choose our training courses?
Our in-house training expertise will give you access to high quality, technical training and share best practice across the Jisc community. What this means to you is that a team of training professionals design, deliver and develop specialised training on the Janet network and Jisc services. You can quickly develop in-house expertise to implement and support your organisation's business needs. You will be able to save money as well as having knowledgeable, agile IT professionals that can respond to new challenges.
We also offer live online facilitated training so that your IT staff will be able to participate in hands-on, specialised technology training from their desks. New skills are more effectively transferred into the work environment, with discussion and hands-on activities encouraging the sharing of best practice across the Jisc community. What this means for you is that staff travel time and expenses are eliminated and technical training and skills development will fit into a normal working day.
We have established an online collaboration and support function known as EdLab. The website is open to anyone from the Jisc community and provides a range of tools and content relating to academic networking and Jisc network and technology services.
Developing your whole team?
We offer an in-house service to suit your needs. We deliver the course in your own familiar surroundings and provide you with an expert trainer for the day, workbooks and all necessary equipment. Running an in-house course means you can focus on the issues relevant to your team as well as it being a cost-effective training solution.
Get in touch
- Email [email protected]
- Call 01235 822242
- Follow us on Twitter
- Join our JiscMail mailing list
- Complaints and escalations.
If you would like to receive specific information relating to a course or training location, please email [email protected] outlining which course or location you are interested in.
Before running a new course, we run free trials which will be added to the schedule above. For more information on our trials and courses in development, email [email protected].