Institutional Innovation Programme
This programme represents a £13.08m investment aimed at supporting existing institutional strategies by providing solutions to institution-wide problems, based upon proven practices, technologies, standards and services. The solutions will act as exemplars to other institutions by demonstrating innovation and good practice, and building knowledge and experience, which can be shared across institutions.
The intended outcomes from the Institutional Innovation programme include:
- Improvements to the efficiency, effectiveness and quality of educational and administrative processes within the institution(s) related to key areas of institutional ICT concern;
- Institutionally-sustainable technological solutions to problems in key areas of ICT concern, that are aligned to relevant institutional strategies and combine the open standards based and service oriented approaches of the e-Framework for Education and Research;
- Enhanced community networks, working with regional and national, sector-wide organisations that will encourage institutions to share practice in key areas of institutional ICT concern;
- Improved leadership to the sector in the role that technology can play in developing effective institutional strategies that address key areas of ICT concern and align ICT with education, research and administrative policies
- Enhanced capacity, knowledge and skills within the institution(s) and, for the wider sector, access to strategic advice, demonstrators and detailed guidance on how to use ICT effectively in key areas of institutional ICT concern.
In addition, the projects will enable JISC to:
- Gain knowledge and experience of key areas of institutional ICT concern from which informed decisions on future technical innovation projects can be made;
- Provide guidance to the sector on ‘good practice’ models for using technology to deliver institution-wide, cross-domain improvements in effectiveness and efficiency that can be used at departmental, institutional, regional or national levels.
The Institutional Innovation programme represents the second phase of projects building on the earlier Institutional Exemplar projects