Course Data Stage 2 London Metropolitan University
The project will implement an integrated course data management system (ICDMS) and use this to generate XCRI-CAP feeds so that the data is available in a standard format for publication on the University and third party websites. The project will also redesign the course planning business processes around the ICDMS.
To improve the quality (in terms of accuracy, completeness, timeliness, consistency) and accessibility of course information which will:
- Enable improved marketing of our courses to potential students, via the University and third party websites.
- Support the HE sector goal of providing greater transparency of course information by providing improved access, for all stakeholders, enabling meaningful comparisons with other institutions and informed choices.
- Support current students with programme planning and their studies.
- Support academic and support staff with undertaking their teaching, management and administrative duties.
- Enable improved business intelligence reporting.
- Improve the University’s reputation
- To enable more streamlined business processes and reduced effort to maintain data in multiple sources, reduced effort to correct errors and resolve issues created by errors, reduced effort to publish details of the offer, which will improve end-to-end processing times and drive down costs.
Integrated Course Data Management System (ICDMS): Single authoritative source of course information, with online editing and data management facilities, integrated with the student records system (SITS)
XCRI-CAP Generator: Generation of XCRI-CAP feeds for all courses in scope of ICDMS
Data Dictionary: Agreed definitions for all important course attributes + details current sources + agreed set of reference data for validation
To Be Process Maps: Process maps for the following course planning processes: Portfolio planning, Course and module specification, Detailed offer planning, Course offer publication
Course Process Modelling Day Event: to share knowledge, experiences and models of course planning processes
Peter Short, London Metropolitan University, 166-220 Holloway Road, London, N7 8DB, Tel:020 7423 4551 email@example.com