Course Data Stage 2 Grimsby Institute of Higher & Further Education
Grimsby Institute of Further and Higher Education is a large general further and higher education (FHE) college based in North East Lincolnshire which offers HE provision to over 2,000 learners from a number of campuses. In 2009 the Institute also merged with Yorkshire Coast College to form the Grimsby Institute Group. All curriculum areas deliver pathways from FE to HE and report to a Dean of Higher Education who has overall responsibility for academic standards and quality. There is a strong central HE specific quality and administrative function which serves to proactively assure the Institute of its academic standards and the quality of its programmes.
The current higher education provision is validated by a number of partner universities who currently utilise XRCI-CAP. To ensure the accuracy of published information the organisation currently implements internal verification which is then in turn verified by the external partner. This is a labour intensive process as information for electronic marketing is not verified through the same process as the paper based prospectus.
This project aims to reduce the steps involved in the verification process, standardise the information available across all programmes for current and prospective students and also to improve the external verification process undertaken by validating partners. The current management information systems are predominately further education focused and the data held within them for the higher education programmes needs to be reviewed to ensure that the system can hold the necessary data for the project.
The project will result in improved course data across the organisation’s higher education portfolio including both full and part time provision which will ensure that prospective students and employer sponsors are fully informed about each programme offered. The project will result in the course data being annually reviewed and involve input from all higher education schools to ensure that the data truly reflects the provision available. The work will also include feedback from student focus groups to ensure that the information included is relevant to the student cohort.
- Improve the accuracy of published information for stakeholders
- Improve the level of responsiveness of marketing information for higher education programmes
- Increase the efficiency of producing programme information
- Reduce the level of work duplication within programme information production for stakeholders
- Improved data exchange
- Support sector developments for UNIT-E users
Anticipated Outputs and Outcomes
- Staff knowledge built
- Students accessing information
- University partners accessing information
- Improved control and quality assurance of information
- Raised awareness of higher education with stakeholders
- Raised internal profile of higher education
- Supporting the development of Key Information Sets
- Codes of Practice
- Disseminate practice to HE in FE colleges
- Improved linkages between UNIT-E and XCRI-CAP
Grimsby Institute of Further and Higher Education,
HE Quality and Standards
Tel: 01472 311222 ext 1264
- Claire Bellamy Marketing Operations Manager
- Hugh Callaway Executive Director of Marketing and Student Recruitment
- Adrian Clarke Associate Principal Strategic Services & Resources
- Barry Clarkson Director of ICT
- Louise Jones Director of Funding and Information Services
- Audra Oldridge Registry Manager
- Karl Pizzey Senior Web & Design Officer
- Ellen Thinnesen Dean of HE and Quality