Course Data Stage 2 Bishop Burton College
Over the last two years BSDC has taken steps to improve the quality and reliability of its course data. This has had a positive impact throughout the organisation, making course data more accessible and useful. The organisation is now looking at how course information is collated and shared with the goal of making similar improvements.
- Simplified system for managing and updating course information, making the process as open to members of curriculum as possible.
- Improved accuracy of course information and timeliness of updates.
- Standards-compliant method (XCRI-CAP) for sharing course information with third parties.
Stage 2 of the project will focus on the implementation of a new solution to collate this information and deliver it into an XCRI CAP feed.
- Effectively collate course information from various college sources for presentation within XCRI-CAP feed.
- Implement web service for the automated generation of a XCRI-CAP feed with cool URI references for courses and qualifications.
Anticipated Outputs and Outcomes
- Prospectus Catalogue system - A new system developed to collate course information from around the college and enable curriculum staff to contribute directly to the prospectus.
- MIS data import process - Implement a regular import process from Tribal EBS into the Prospectus Catalogue system as starting point for the prospectus
- Import of marketing information to Prospectus Catalogue system - Manual import of information from marketing and curriculum conforming to the course and qualification identifiers from EBS.
- Web service for regular XCRI-CAP generation - Web service to regularly generate an XCRI CAP feed from information held within the Prospectus Catalogue.
- Prospectus presentation - Further development of pre-existing college web site to provide prospectus information from XCRI CAP feed with cool URI references.
Head of Information Technology
Information Technology Department
Burton and South Derbyshire College
Burton on Trent
Tel Number: 01283 49 4442