Northumbria Learning runs the JISC Plagiarism Advisory Service. The Plagiarism Detection Service is a web based service the intention is for this service to be authenticated via Shibboleth.
Aims and Objectives
- Implement Shibboleth authentication into TurnItIn.
- Identify appropriate subscribers of the JISC Plagiarism Detection Solution for testing.
- Publish Results
- Provide the detection service with Shibboleth authentication as an option
Northumbria Learning will develop a testing environment with our US partner who provides the Detection software for the service.
The development will involve modifications to the current Detection software’s authentication mechanism which is outside of our direct supervision but will be tested by Northumbria Learning.
Once a solution is in place the service provision will then be tested by attaching the service to early adopters who have functioning WAYF or IDP services.
Benefits to the JISC community:
- Assist the process of roll-out and adoption of the JISC detection service within JISC institutions by removing the sign-up and administrative overhead currently required.
- Remove the barriers to use within an institution by removing the need to either manually enroll students onto a course or to provide an enrollment key (which can be abused) by automatically enrolling students based on attribute information.