Celebrating 10,000 followers... and our resources to help engage students through social media
Are you making the most of social media to support your students?
To celebrate our ten thousandth Twitter follower, we showcase some resources that can help you blog, tweet and interact your way to better student retention, marketing and teaching online.
- Listen to a podcast on developing your social media strategy with Steph Gray of Helpful Technology
- Read JISC CETIS' ideas about using Twitter in the classroom
- Learn how Cardiff, Northumbria and Bristol universities use Twitter and Facebook to support international students
- Reflect on how your PhD students are using social media and other new technologies to collaborate and stay up to date using the biggest ever survey of PhD students
- Read a case study on engaging students through blogging
- Download the LSE’s guide to Tweeting for academics
- Compare your university to other universities. Find out which social media networks others are using on the UK Web Focus blog post
While you’re staying up to date online, don’t forget to follow us @JISC on Twitter.